First Look is a special moment when bride and groom see each other for the first time on their Wedding Day before the ceremony time.
Many brides and grooms are wondering whether they should have a First Look or not. From our experience, we believe the First Look is a smart idea and here are some reasons why we think it makes sense.
- First Look is a very intimate moment that bride and groom get to share with themselves. This is your time to express your excitement seeing each other for the first time. You’ll get to spend few precious minutes getting ready for the ceremony together. You may also invite your bridal party to the First Look and spend time with them — and that’s another way to share those wonderful emotions.
- First Look relieves some of the stress during the ceremony. Each wedding is very emotional for everybody, especially for bride and groom. First Look will give you the much needed calmness and relaxation before the ceremony, and you’ll feel much better going down the aisle. And you can trust us — there is always more than enough on your plates during the wedding day, so any chance of reducing the pressure is always a blessing.
- You will get a chance to spend more time with friends and family during the Wedding Day. Remember, there will have to be time for meets and greets, family pictures, videos. There is normally very limited time between ceremony and reception, and it’s difficult to fit everything in. Some weddings have cocktail our before the ceremony, so if you have the First Look earlier in the day, you’ll get a chance to enjoy that fun time as well.
- First Look gives us — your videographers — fantastic moment to capture just the two of you, and we always incorporate these moments into our final films. Things that bride and groom are saying before they see each other, the very special look in their eyes — there is nothing that compares to that.
- Some couples decide to try different approaches to the First Look: make it funny by having the best man dress as bride and surprise the groom. Or maybe when the bride and groom don’t want to see each other before the ceremony, there may be First Look between the bride and her father — one more chance to share very special bonds.
In any case, if you have any questions or concerns about the First Look, we’ll be more than happy to discuss with you, explore various options and come up with the perfect plan for your Wedding Day!